Engage undergraduate students in a challenging academic environment.
- Educate, retain, and graduate the leaders of tomorrow at the undergraduate level.
- Encourage innovation in teaching and, through assessment of outcomes and objectives, transform the curriculum to provide students with the skills they need to succeed in a rapidly changing global society.
- Strengthen relationships with state and regional primary and secondary education systems, as well as community and technical colleges, to facilitate a seamless, life-long learning process.
- Weave critical and creative thinking, as well as life-long learning and career skills into the curriculum, and align programs with the needs of both the state of West Virginia and a rapidly changing global society.
- Make policy and practice adjustments based on continual assessment of curricular and co-curricular instruction and activities to increase retention and graduation rates.
- Through strategic recruitment and retention actions, attract and retain a diverse population of high-ability students.
- Engage with the Pre K-12 education system and the Community and Technical College System throughout the state.
- Expand online and distance learning options to increase educational access.
- Offer excellent advising that guides students to academic and career success.
- Expand residential living and campus life programs to promote seamless in and out-of-class learning.